Jul 1, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Public Storage Employee

So many people have asked me "What DO you do?" Well, I'll tell you about today!

Wake up, go to work. Working with Nic and Charmayne today. Nic makes a comment about me driving up in my black hoodie. "I thought you had dyed your hair." We then discuss people who dye their hair black and then put a streak of bright color in it.

Rent two spaces. My rental is a jittery crack addict. Two rentals and insurances before 10 AM.

Have my first conference call. The first thing anyone says, is Desirae announcing that she is divorced. We put the phones on mute and laugh soooo much.

Go to the bank. Katan isn't there. Get in line with Meley. Don't know how to say her name. Joke around with her and the guy that I /swear/ is gay. I'm sure of it. Tell her that we auction people's stuff off if they don't pay in little over a month. She thinks I'm joking. Go back to work.

It wasn't until later that evening that fun stuff happened. I made some phone calls and did the lock check. Me and Nic and Charmayne joke some.

This guy comes in that had been here earlier. He said that he decided to rent with us. Nic starts to ask him why he changed his mind and is gonna rent with us, but the phone rings so she tells him to "Hold that thought." He turns to me "I love when women tell me to 'hold that thought.' Usually my thought isn't the same as theirs, but. . ." I burst out laughing. I think that I accidently rang something up wrong, I look at Nic and go "Did I do something wrong?" While she looks it over, he goes "Don't worry, you'll be spanked for it later. But it'll probably make you smile." Laugh. Oh pervy old men. Asks me if he can pay months in advance. Tell him all his payment options. "I can pay online?" "Yes sir, you can." "Just for me?" "Oh absolutely. I arranged it just now, just for you." Oh me and my witticisms.

Then me and Nic go to pick up garbage. We find this cat hamper thing, and decide to pick up and put the garbage around the property in that. We empty it in the dumpster first. It was full of shoes and other crap. Nic opens up a gameboy advance case. It has a syringe in it. She drops it and laughs. "Yay HIV!"

We then go down between the buildings and look at a building that's locked, but open. The locks just on the side. We start to fiddle with it and a guy goes "Be careful, that's my bedroom."
"Oh, is this your unit? Just make sure you lock it up."
"No, it's not mine."
". . .Kay. . ."
Then his friend comes over "It's my unit." He looks inside it "No it's not."
We zip-tie it shut.
The first guy asks what we dumped in the garbage. We were like "Um, garbage. . ."
The second guy asks where the nearest dump is. I tell him that we don't know, but that if he goes up to the office he can use the phonebook and find one. He looks at me, deadly serious, and says "You. Are so. Sweet."
Awkward laugh. I can feel Nic laughing at me.
The first guy tells us "Good job for you guys! I really like how you promote safe sex!"
Without missing a beat we're both just like "Oh yeah, thanks."
As we walked away we were both like "Wait, what?"

We then throw away the cat and proceed to tell Charmayne this. She can't be amused, she's in a bad mood. So Nic and I go clean the third and fourth floors. We then talk about Lori at Curves and House. We decide we will have a House party. It may or may not involve vicodin.

Back at the office a lady comes in to purchase some stuff. Nic notices her necklace, and when the lady leaves, she looks up the words that were on the back. Quantum Science.

"FusionExcel’s Quantum Pendant is made from natural minerals that are fused and structurally bonded together at a molecular level. It produces scalar energy that helps to enhance the body’s biofield. The Quantum Pendant promotes positive flow of energy and helps to maintain energy balance. It helps to restore energy that has become weak in the body. By restoring the energy balance in the body this pendant helps one to maintain health and well-being.

Usage:

Wear it on a chain or carry it in your pocket. The scalar energy from the pendant works outwardly and within the body. Outwardly scalar energy enhances the body’s bio-field. Inwardly it works to facilitate cell permeability and thereby enhances the many physiological functions of the cells in the body.

Health Benefits:

Reduces inflammation
Promotes unclamping of cells
Enhances circulation
Enhances immune and endocrine systems
Has the ability to destroy viruses and bacteria
Enhances cellular nutrition and detoxification
Enhances cellular permeability
Increases energy
Helps to protect DNA from damage
Helps to retard the ageing process
Helps to fight cancer cells

Strengthens the body’s bio-field preventing
electro-magnetic waves from affecting one’s health
Increases focus and concentration "

Lawlawlawl. Nic then decides that she wants one. Then finds out that they don't just sell quantum pendants, but quantum AIR. AIR, you guys. Fucking air. We lawl about that.

I ask her if quantum is spelled "tum" or "tam." She looks confused. "Tum." She says. "I was like 'Quantum is spelled with a q. . .'" We laugh. I snort make a beautiful princess noise.

End of the day. Count the cash. Laugh about the people. Go home. Tomorrow, repeat as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment